ASE Adds Training on Vehicle Electrification
Sept. 21, 2021—The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is hosting a free webinar for service technicians on Thursday, Sept. 23 at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Entitled “Vehicle Electrification: Transitioning to Alternating Current Systems,” the webinar will provide “unique insight” into the world of vehicle electrification.
Some of the topics include:
- Industry update: it’s about transportation, not just automotive
- Regulatory requirements for electric vehicle power: New PIDs and diagnostics
- Systems that utilize AC power
- DC vs. AC power analysis: Simple comparisons
- Elements of AC power: the new language of analysis and diagnostics
- DC resistance, inductance, impedance, capacitance, phase angle, current-to-frequency ratio, dissipation factor, efficiency, power factor and more
- How understanding AC power effects depth of diagnostic success
- Synthesizing AC power from DC: The power inverter AC waveform creation
- Electric machines: AC sine waves, speed, torque and power control
- The inevitable changes are happening now: it’s time for instructors and technicians to embrace the change to AC