Ratchet+Wrench Appoints Editorial Advisory Board
Feb. 28, 2013—Ratchet+Wrench magazine is proud to announce that it has selected eight leading industry professionals to serve on an editorial advisory board to help guide content and improve reader service.
The board was developed to ensure the magazine offers the most relevant and useful content for the owners and managers of auto service shops—stories that both inspire and offer real strategies for business improvement. The board is made up of shop owners and managers with diverse backgrounds who come from a range of auto service centers across the country. They were handpicked by Ratchet+Wrench editors from a pool of candidates nominated by industry peers and the magazine’s editorial department.
Board members will serve a one-year term starting March 1. Members are:
• Walt Eger, president of Walt Eger’s Service Center in Severn, Md.
• Mary Kemnitz, chief financial officer at D&H Enterprises in Concord, Calif.
• Douglass Kirchdorfer, owner of Douglass Auto Center Inc. in Denver
• Joe Marconi, owner of Osceola Garage in Baldwin Place, NY
• Larry Moore, president of Larry’s AutoWorks in Mountain View, Calif.
• Brian Sump, owner of Avalon Motorsports in Denver
• Jeff Odom, owner of Evergreen Autoworks in Mill Creek, Wash.
• Wayne Watson, president of Auto Works Automotive Service Center in Woodbury, Minn.
Ratchet+Wrench plans to make the editorial advisory board a permanent fixture, offering an opportunity for new industry representatives to participate each year.
“Our emphasis on reader service makes the editorial advisory board a vital part of our team,” said Jake Weyer, editor of Ratchet+Wrench magazine. “They are a direct link to the industry and each of them can offer insight on the trends and challenges shop owners and managers see every day. Their input will provide tremendous value to the magazine.”