Oct. 5, 2017—Mechanic Advisor, which appeared in the October issue of Ratchet+Wrench, announced its new and improved text messaging service, which provides enhanced text messaging features for shops partnered with the telematics company.
The updated features include:
1. Cell phone detection technology. This allows the shop to identify bad cell numbers before sending a message or campaign.
2. Photo and video support from any device (computer, tablet, phone).
3. Ability to schedule your text messages for a future date. A great way to remind a customer of a declined service or a service that is due.
4. Give customers status updates on their vehicle while the vehicle is in the shop, such as, "Your vehicle is being worked on and should be finished within the next hour."
5. Send automated review requests, thank you messages, and service reminders.
6. Create specific marketing campaigns via text messaging.