IMR Inc. Launches Weekly Repair, Maintenance Trends Report
Aug. 18, 2020—IMR Inc., an automotive market research firm, has launched a new weekly report on maintenance and repair trends, according to a press release.
According to the release, the IMR Weekly Vehicle Maintenance Monitor monitors how vehicle maintainers are approaching vehicle maintenance and repair amid the pandemic and the changing economic landscape on a weekly basis, documenting trends in vehicle maintenance and repair (both performed and delayed) as well as other vehicle maintainer behaviors, attitudes, and sentiments.
Each week, subscribers will find information and trends, both nationally and regionally, covering:
- Maintainers choosing to be DIY vs DIFM
- First time DIYers
- What channels consumers are purchasing from
- How the e-retail channel compares to others
- Consumers driving more/less than the previous week
- Consumer sensitivity to price and brands
- Whether consumers are delaying maintenance and if so, choosing to be DIY/DIFM; where they intend to purchase from
- How consumers feel about shopping in-store for auto parts
- Consumer feelings toward public transportation or ride sharing
- Consumer fear of having their vehicle repaired at a shop
- Impressions on the pandemic and the nation’s economic performance
- Many other economic and pandemic attitudes/opinions related to vehicle maintenance/repair
Weekly reports include a dashboard, key observations and detailed charts, graphs, and trends.