ATMC Announces Officers, Directors for 2014
Dec. 2, 2013—The Automotive Training Managers Council (ATMC) announced Monday that it has named its organizational officers and directors for 2014.
Among the elected representatives was Darrell Rowe, the director of education and development for Bridgestone Retail Operations. Rowe was elected as the chair for the ATMC board.
Holly Gerke, manager of technical training for Penske Truck Leasing, was elected vice chair, and Michael Loth of Bosch was elected as treasurer along. Tim Zilke, president and CEO of ASE, will serve as secretary.
Bobby Bassett, director of North American training for Gates Corporation, assumes the role of past chair.
There were also three new new directors elected to the board:
- Chris Chesney, senior director of professional markets, Carquest Technical Institute
- Ron Kato, technical training manager, Toyota Motor Sales USA
- John Prosser, senior manager of technical training operations, American Honda Motor Company
Returning directors include:
- Rod Boyes, president, Melior Inc.
- Steve Lee, senior corporate director of product development, Lincoln Educational Services
- Bill Sapielak, automotive business development manager, Adayana
"The strength of the organization is in the diversity of our membership," said Dave Milne, ATMC President. "The outstanding advice and support that this group brings to their leadership role is indicative of their commitment to improving the quality of training for the entire industry. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing Board members for their service over the years."
Stepping down from the Board are Byron Morgan, Morgan Consultant Service; John Saia, Toyota Motor Sales USA; and the late Rich Whittier, Chrysler LLC.