Openbay Announces On-Demand Roadside Assistance
June 8, 2016—Openbay announced Wednesday the launch of on-demand roadside assistance available through its mobile app.
Through the app, users can summon a nearby service vehicle dispatched to their location via GPS if a breakdown were to occur. Flat-rate pricing for roadside assistance starts at $64.95, while flat-rate towing starts at $79.95 for up to five miles.
“Consumers are holding onto their vehicles a lot longer, thanks to higher quality parts and service. Nearly 60 percent of the vehicles on the road are more than nine-years old, and more likely to require roadside service than newer vehicles”, said Rob Infantino, founder and CEO of Openbay. “Now, Openbay combines the convenience of on-demand roadside with our auto repair marketplace, delivering speed and removing hassle from car-care, and meeting the expectations consumers have with today’s online and ondemand services.”
How it works:
- Openbay users submit a request for service via the Openbay mobile app.
- Using GPS, the user’s exact location is determined and validated by the user.
- For tow requests, the user enters the final destination of vehicle, which generates a fixed price based on mileage.
- Users are required to select and then enter their preferred payment method: credit card, debit card or Apple Pay.
- Openbay provides a summary of the services requested prior to booking.
- Using a proximity-based dispatch system, the nearest and best equipped service vehicle is notified with all the details on the service.
- Once the service vehicle is dispatched, the user will receive a confirmation text message with the estimated time of arrival and information on the provider.
- Upon service completion, Openbay processes payment.
The roadside assistance service is currently available through Openbay’s iOS app.