AAIA Recognizes Companies Committed to Employee Education and Training
Aug. 16, 2013—The Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) has announced the six recipients of its 2013 Head of the Class Award for continually investing in employee education and training.
Awarded by the AAIA Education Committee, the award promotes the value and benefit that this investment provides to the employees and their companies.
The winners (of each category) are:
• Dorman Products Inc. in Colmar, Pa. (large manufacture)
• Mevotech Inc. in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (mid-sized manufacturer)
• The Merrill Company in Spencer, Iowa (large warehouse distributor)
• Motown Automotive Distributing Co. in Farmington Hills, Mich. (mid-size warehouse distributor)
• Sonsio Inc. in Arvada, Colo. (business service)
• Tascosalesreps in Memphis, Tenn. (manufacturers’ representative)
Winners were selected based on the education and training practices of the company, including what prompted the company to invest in training, the types of training accomplished, the initial goals, their experiences, results of the training and any future plans.
The recipients will be recognized at AAIA's Fall Leadership in Dallas on Sept. 9–11. They will also receive an award to display at their place of business and information on their winning programs will be posted on the AAIA website.