Autonomous Vehicles Online Course
Feb. 18, 2019—The University of Michigan is offering free classes throughout February to the public regarding autonomous vehicle technology. According to All About Ann Arbor, the free online courses are offered up to the public until Feb. 24.
The classes are geared to inform the public of autonomous vehicle technology from experts at the University of Michigan's Mcity, All About Ann Arbor reports.
"We need to make progress on all of these fronts in order for the technology to change society, just as the internet and smartphones have totally changed our society," Huei Peng, director of Mcity, said to All About Ann Arbor in a statement.
Those attending the online event will learn about the following topics, according to All About Ann Arbor:
- What is a self-driving car? What is an automated or driverless vehicle?
- What are the major legal questions?
- What can we do to prepare?
- How do we build trust in this new technology?
- How are we testing this technology and when can we expect to see it on the roads?
- How is this going to change our modern society?
- How are people thinking about accessibility and equity?