APA Holds Online Board of Directors Election
June 26, 2020—Automotive Parts Associates (APA) shareholders selected the 2020 Board of Directors with a secure online election, in lieu of a traditional in-person election as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a press release.
With shelter-in-place orders and social distancing practices, the pandemic created an opportunity for APA to offer shareholders an alternative option to choose this year's board of directors, according to the release. The online votes were tracked and tallied by the system.
The new 2020 Board of Directors are:
- Chairman – Douglas Squires, Bestbuy Distributors Limited, of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Vice Chairman – Jim Holmquist, H&H Wholesale Parts of Arleta, Calif.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ben Yelowitz, POJA Warehouse of Philadelphia, Pa.
- Board Director – Edward Harake, Value Plus Auto Parts Wholesale of Westland, Mich.
- Board Director – Suzanne Koudsi-Walker, S&J Euro Parts of North Hollywood, Calif.
- Board Director – Randall Swedlove, Morris Automotive Supply of Fontana, Calif.