AAPEX Releases Repair Shop HQ Training Schedule
June 26, 2020—A panel of auto repair shop owners and technicians has selected the trainers and technical and business management classes for the new Repair Shop HQ at AAPEX 2020, according to a press release.
According to the release, the training in Repair Shop HQ will be offered in three theatres and will be hands-on with classes for all levels: beginners, intermediate and advanced. Seating is first come, first served, and all classes are included in attendee online registration, which is $40 through Friday, Oct. 9.
The trainers selected to lead the classes are:
- Jim Wilson, Group Training Academy
- Richard Cregar, Automotive Training Authority (ATA)
- Bill Haas, Haas Performance Consulting
- Cecil Bullard, Institute for Automotive Business Excellence
- Mike Reynolds, Mobile Automotive Service Solutions (MASS)
- Eric Ziegler, EZ Diagnostic Solutions Inc.
- Murray Voth, RPM Training
- Tony Salas, Group Training Academy
- Jeremy O’Neal, Advisorfix
- Greg Bunch, Aspen Auto Clinic
- John Thornton, Autotrain Inc.
- Rick White, 180BIZ
- Maylan Newton, Educational Seminars Institute
Technical classes will cover labscope usage, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) calibrations, controller area networks (CANs), European diagnostics, essential diagnostic steps, aftertreatment diagnosis in today’s electronically controlled diesel trucks, push button ignition diagnostics and in cylinder pressure transducer diagnostics.
Business management classes will focus on effective leadership and communication, diagnosing and repairing a business, moving from a price based model to a value based model, diagnostic sales skills, success with multi-location businesses, and attracting top talent.
This year’s event is still scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 3 through Thursday, Nov. 5, at the Sands Expo and Caesars Forum Conference Center in Las Vegas.