Icahn Automotive Awards Scholarships
July 1, 2020—Icahn Automotive announced the recipients of this year's "Find Your Drive" scholarships, according to a press release.
According to the release, Icahn Automotive, which owns and operates Pep Boys, AAMCO, and Precision Tune Auto Care, is giving out 15 scholarships worth $2,500. This is the second year of the scholarship program for Icahn.
Students receiving the scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year are:
- Kevin Alvarenga, Mooresville, N.C., NASCAR Technical Institute
- Savannah Arias, Tustin, Calif., Saddleback Community College
- Justin Benson, Swedesboro, N.J., Lincoln Tech
- Christopher Floyan, Pleasant Valley, N.Y,. Lincoln Tech
- Maverick Ellington, New Richmond, Ohio, NASCAR Technical Institute
- Jake Maha, Sayreville, N.J., SUNY Morrisville
- Michael Marelli, Florham Park, N.J., Universal Technical Institute
- Dylan Muench, Perryville, Mo., State Technical College of Missouri
- Catherine Nelson, Philadelphia, Lincoln Tech
- Michael Nyce, Middlesex, N.J., Universal Technical Institute
- Leonel Palacios, Union, N.J., Lincoln Tech
- Ramon Perez, Mahwah, N.J., Lincoln Tech
- Nelson Ruiz, Dingmans Ferry, Pa., Lincoln Tech
- Ryan Schweizer, Rockaway, N.J., Universal Technical Institute
- Aaron Young, Vernal, Utah, Utah Valley University
The program is usually designed to award 12 scholarships annually, but because several applicants’ scores tied, the committee increased the awards to 15, or $37,500 in total scholarships, for the 2020-2021 academic year.