SHOP: RPM Autoworx LOCATION: Savannah, Ga. OWNER: Moira Sheehan and Rick Broussard
1) Owners Moira Sheehan and Rick Broussard say customers often describe the waiting area as a coffee shop or lounge, where they can unwind while their car is repaired. Sheehan and Broussard offer complimentary coffee, soft drinks and Wi-Fi.
2) Adding to the coffee shop ambiance is the furniture. It’s sleek, modern and, most importantly, inexpensive. Sheehan bought the items from IKEA and Pier 1, and they’ve been a hit among customers.
3) Sheehan and Broussard want their shop procedures to be transparent. The window overlooking the shop floor allows customers to monitor their repairs from the waiting area.
4) The children’s play area is hugely popular. “It’s gotten to the point where the little kids ask their parents to come here, because they want to come play with the stuff,” Sheehan says. They also offer small toys from the dollar store for kids to take home.
5) The shop is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified facility. Much of the décor fits into its green status, including this rug, which is made from recycled plastic.
6) High-end artwork sets the waiting area apart from other local shops. Sheehan bought the paintings from a local art store. All of the pieces are car-related, depicting Savannah street scenes.