News

Spontaneous Shop Fire Catches After Hours

Order Reprints
fire

July 23, 2021—A vehicle fire broke out inside an Idaho auto repair shop after hours, however it miraculously didn’t spread inside the shop, East Idaho News reported. 


Surveillance video inside Sutton Auto Tech, located in Idaho Falls, shows the fire lasted for about 15 minutes. The video shows the interior of the vehicle, a ‘69 MG, suddenly caught fire and can be seen coming through the windows. 


Firefighters responded to a call from a local resident who saw the vehicle on fire and put out the fire. 


“I don’t know how it didn’t light everything. There was a cardboard box two feet away from it standing against the wall, it didn’t light that up. A gas caddy was about six feet away. There was another car a foot away from it. It melted the taillight a little bit. It didn’t bubble the paint,” owner Mike Sutton told the publication. 

Related Articles

Tesla Model S Catches Fire, Twice

After Devastating Fire, Auto Shop Re-Opens

Tesla Model X Catches Fire, Again

You must login or register in order to post a comment.