ASE's Weekly Webinar to Discuss Torque Converters
Oct. 26, 2021—The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is hosting a free webinar for service technicians on Thursday, Oct. 28 at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Entitled “Torque Converter Operation and Diagnosis,” the webinar will discuss the principles of two-way and three-way torque converters. Niel Speetjens of ZF Aftermarket will detail the functions from fluid flow to lock-up and from start-up to coupling phase. A look inside the operating ZF torque converter will help improve diagnostic skills and help participants understand wear patterns, the press release states.
After completing this session, the webinar attendees will be able to:
- Understand the principals about a fluid clutch and torque converter
- Describe the three components that are used in a torque converter
- Understand hydro-dynamic fluid flow, torque multiplication stage and coupling stage
- Understand lock-up clutch operation and regulation
- Explain common failures and malfunctions in torque converter and lock-up systems