Aftermarket Mobile App Puts Service Information in Customers' Hands
April 7, 2015—DMEautomotive announced the launch of Service Connect, a new mobile app built for the unique needs of the Aftermarket service provider.
The company said that Service Connect aims to increase service revenue, customer retention and drive increased customer loyalty for retailers, especially among mobile-hungry Millennials who prefer to do almost everything through the screen of a smartphone.
"We know that a mobile app can provide a competitive edge for service retailers who, each and every day, are fighting for business in an increasingly crowded market. Our research shows that mobile apps can drive more service appointments, and increase service visit frequency," said Mike Martinez, chief marketing officer for DMEautomotive.
Recent studies show that smartphone usage is skyrocketing:
- By 2020, there will be an estimated 245,000,000 smartphone users in the US. (Statista, 2015)
- In 2014 there was a 38 percent increase in use of consumer reviews, 89 percent growth in smartphone usage, 190 percent growth in interest in online purchases. (Google Analytics, 2015)
- Customers using an app make 25 percent more service appointments, and their service visit frequency grows 3.7 times faster than customers without the app. (DMEautomotive, 2014)
Service Connect allows consumers to understand their vehicles' service needs and, at the tap of a finger, make an appointment with their service providers. Additionally, Service Connect is integrated with DMEa Journey AMX, allowing retailers to send customers targeted lifecycle marketing messages and offers to ensure customer response.
Service Connect features include:
- Service appointment setting
- Service history tracking
- Mobile wallet enabled special offers
- Vehicle information for the customer's vehicle or family fleet
- Targeted service reminders and coupons
- Loyalty points balance
- Recall notifications
- Customizable Parts & Service section for retailer promotions
- Special tools like flashlight, Find My Car, Digital Parking Meter and more
Service Connect is powered by the Red Rocket Technology Platform, allowing aftermarket providers to track and monitor app performance, 24/7. Through the centralized reporting platform, they can track service appointments, downloads, user accounts, app traffic, and activity trends online, as well as subscribe to the Mobile App Report Card to keep up to date on their most impactful mobile metrics.