M Service Inc.
SHOP: M Service Inc. LOCATION: Walnut Creek, Calif. OWNER: Dante Paulazzo
1) Paulazzo’s shop services high-end German vehicles, and he wanted his waiting area to depict his business as a true alternative to the dealership. That’s why he tries to keep it spotless. It also offers plush leather couches, free Wi-Fi and music.
2) The paintings on the wall are a limited edition, numbered set commissioned by BMW. They came as part of a suede-covered book, Paulazzo says, and he decided to frame them a few years back.
3) Rather than having a pot of coffee brewing all day, Paulazzo put a K-Cup, single-serving coffee machine in the corner of the room with multiple drink options for customers. They also have a water cooler.
4) The windows on the far wall of the waiting room look in on the shop floor, so customers can view the progress of repairs.
5) While it may be something easily overlooked, Paulazzo tries to keep an array of magazines in the waiting room, ones that will appeal to all demographics of customers. “No one wants to come in and only have car magazines to read,” Paulazzo says.
6) While they might not look like the traditional fillers of a trophy case, the models Paulazzo displays are actually award-winning projects that one of his technicians put together. Some are of BMW models, some Mercedes, but nearly all of them have won various awards at contests around the region.