Tire Industry Association Announces Hall of Fame, Leadership Award Winners
Aug. 28, 2014—The Tire Industry Association (TIA) announced on Wednesday the names of its 2014 Hall of Fame inductees and leadership award recipients.
This year's Hall of Fame honorees are:
- Harold Coker, founder of Coker Tire Company
- Charles Cornell, late founder of Tech International
- Juanita Purcell, executive vice president of Purcell Tire & Rubber Company
In addition, three people were chosen for the Ed Wagner Leadership award:
- Jim Smith, an industry journalist and communications manager who has served on TIA committees and other industry boards
- Mary Sikora, who is the founder and publisher of Scrap Tire News
- Tom Wright, an industry veteran with over 50 years of experience, he owns Wright Tire Service in Minn.
Inductions and the awards presentation will be held at the Tire Industry Honors Awards Ceremony Nov. 3 at Ceasar’s Palace in Las Vegas. The event, sponsored by Michelin North America, is open to all and complimentary tickets may be reserved here.