ACA Announces Telematics Challenge, Marketing Awards
July 11, 2014—The Auto Care Association (ACA) announced Wednesday it is accepting entries for the Aftermarket Telematics Challenge and the 2014 AIA Import Product and Marketing Awards.
Winners for both will be recognized at the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX), held Nov. 4–6 in Las Vegas.
The Aftermarket Telematics Challenge is accepting applications from auto care product makers that also offer the benefits of a connected vehicle. Winners will receive a $10,000 scholarship in their name, which will be used to fund education for students preparing for an automotive career, specifically in the technology or telematics fields.
“Today innovative products are available to bring in, plug in or beam in the safety and convenience of telematics without the need to buy a new vehicle, “ said Scott Luckett, ACA’s chief information officer. “The Telematics Challenge is intended to identify the best examples of telematics, making use of technology that was not embedded by the vehicle manufacturer.”
The deadline on entries for the Aftermarket Telematics Challenge is Oct. 3. More information about the contest and applications are available at autocare.org/telematics.
The Auto International Association (AIA), a segment of the Auto Care Association, is also accepting entries for its 2014 AIA Import Product and Marketing Awards.
The AIA Import Product and Marketing Awards program honors companies for their programs surrounding import nameplate cars or trucks. The contest is open to all AAPEX exhibitors.
Categories for this year’s awards include:
- Best Overall Import Aftermarket Product
- Best New Product for Import Cars or Trucks
- Best Packaging of a Product Line for Import Cars or Trucks
- Best Merchandising/Advertising of a Product for Import Cars or Trucks
- Best Catalog of a Product Line for Import Cars or Trucks
- Best Website Presentation of a Product Line for Import Cars or Trucks
- Best Problem-Solver for Import Cars or Trucks (New)
- Best New Tool for Repairs on Import Cars or Trucks (New)
- Best Performance Product, Accessory or Functional Fluids for Import Cars or Trucks (New)
All entries will be displayed at AAPEX in the AIA showcase with signage directing buyers to company booths. Winning entries will be highlighted on the AIA website and will receive a full-page post-AAPEX ImportCar ad.
Early entries before Aug. 30 will receive discount entries fees. More information and entry forms are available here.