TIA Announces Board Member Nominees
July 7, 2014—The Tire Industry Association (TIA) released Monday the names of candidates for its 2014 board of directors election.
Current TIA members can vote between now and Sept. 1. Six new members will be announced in mid-September, and will take office on Nov. 3, 2014 at TIA's Annual Meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Nominees for TIA's Board of Directors are:
- Alpio Barbara of Redwood General Tire Pros in Redwood City, Calif.
- Steve Burhenn of Becker Tire & Treading Inc. in Great Bend, Kan.
- Daniel Childers of TCi Tire Centers in Duncan, S.C.
- John Evankovich of Sam's Club in Bentonville, Ariz.
- David French of Travel Centers of America in Concordia, Mo.
- Robert Frick of Standard Motor Products in Columbia, S.C.
- Robert Hendry of 31 Incorporated in Newcomerstown, Ohio
- Scot Holloway of Bartec USA in Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Bill Johnson of Tech International in Johnstown, Ohio
- David Jones of Sonsio in Arvada, Colo.
- Chris Monroe of Monroe Tire & Service in Shelby, N.C.
- Michael Pursley of Wegmann Automotive North America in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- W Rippetoe of Schrader International in Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Craig Sumerel of AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Jason Williams of Jack Williams Tire Company in Scranton, Penn.
- Stu Zurcher of Strategic Alliance Group Inc. in Indianapolis, Ind.
Election materials have also been mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies. Ballots can be mailed to TIA’s office in Maryland or faxed to 301.430.7283. Current TIA members with voting rights can also view the nominees' photos and biographies and cast their ballot online by clicking here.