Ratchet+Wrench Appoints New Board Members
March 3, 2014—Ratchet+Wrench has chosen two new leading auto service professionals to join its extended team as members of the 2014-15 editorial advisory board. The new members will join six returning board members on March 1, serving a one-year term.
New members are:
- Rissy Sutherland, COO of Honest-1 Auto Care, a 37-shop operation based in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Steve Ek, owner of Ek Automotive in Chicago
Returning board members include:
- Brian Sump, owner of Avalon Motorsports in Denver
- Douglass Kirchdorfer, owner of Douglass Auto Center Inc. and former owner of Downing Street Garage in Denver
- Jeff Odom, owner of Evergreen Autoworks in Mill Creek, Wash.
- Mary Kemnitz, CFO at D&H Enterprises in Concord, Calif.
- Scott Osborn, owner of Osborn’s Automotive in Redondo Beach, Calif.
- Wayne Watson, president of Auto Works Automotive Service Center in Woodbury, Minn.
Ratchet+Wrench thanks departing board members Larry Moore, owner of Larry’s Autoworks in Mountain View, Calif., and Walt Eger, owner of Walt’s Service Center in Severn, Md., for being a part of the first editorial advisory board, launched in 2013.
The advisory board was developed to make sure Ratchet+Wrench provides the most relevant, informative and useful content for shop owners and managers across the country. Board members are handpicked by Ratchet+Wrench editors from a national pool of candidates nominated by industry peers and the magazine’s editorial department.
Board members are identified as a successful shop operators committed to advancing the auto service industry. They work with the editorial team to evaluate story concepts, offer feedback on the publication and provide insight into the daily and long-term issues that shop operators need to address to run thriving businesses.