Clean Diesel Vehicles top AAA’s Green Car List
May 30, 2014—Half of the top 10 cars on the AAA’s Green Car list were clean diesel vehicles, the Diesel Technology Forum (DTF) announced Thursday.
“The field of green cars this year is the most competitive ever, so the fact that clean diesels ran away with five of the top 10 ratings is a great validation that clean diesel cars are really a great choice for consumers looking to make greener transportation choices” said Allen Schaeffer, executive director at DTF.
The top 10 Green Cars were:
1) 2013 Tesla S P85 (Electric)
2) 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV (Electric)
3) 2014 Audi A7 TDI Quattro (Clean Diesel)
4) 2013 Lexus GS 450h (Hybrid)
5) 2013 Nissan Leaf (Electric)
6) 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid (Hybrid)
7) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI Quattro Tiptronic (Clean Diesel)
8) 2014 Audi A8 L TDI Quattro Tiptronic (Clean Diesel)
9) 2014 Mercedes-Benz E250 BlueTEC (Clean Diesel)
10) 2014 Audi A6 TDI Quattro Tiptronic (Clean Diesel)
The annual study was conducted by the Automobile Club of Southern California’s Automotive Research Center. Cars were tested on emissions, fuel economy, acceleration, handling, and other factors.
Access the entire 140-page AAA Green Car Guide here.