Auto International Association Changes Name
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 5, 2015—Auto International Association (AIA) has announced its name change to the Import Vehicle Community. The official name change was announced during the annual Awards Luncheon at AAPEX in Las Vegas.
AIA’s Executive Leadership Council (ELC) concluded that its brand was no longer lined up with that of the Auto Care Association. ELC decided to rebrand to better communicate its core objectives and value proposition to members.
The Import Vehicle Community’s key objectives are to:
- Remain the segment hyper-focused on serving the needs of Auto Care Association members engaged in the import nameplate aftermarket, irrespective of the business size of share of the business devoted to this segment of the industry.
- Develop and deliver opportunities to increase segment members’ profitability and business prospects.
- Identify and remove barriers to segment members’ business objectives.
- Develop and deliver platforms that increase the segment’s relevance and influence.
- Share information, intelligence, opportunity, networks and resources.
- Continually increase segment member business diversity.