Snap-on Adds Free Modules to its Website
Nov. 10, 2015—On Monday, Snap-on announced the addition of PRO-LINK Ultra Training Solutions modules to its website. The website offers 10 modules in the form of instructional videos that are designed to help technicians navigate the features and functionality of the PRO-LINK Ultra heavy duty diagnostic tool.
The PRO-LINK Ultra Training Solutions modules cover the following topics:
- Introduction and Navigation: Start-up, Controls, Touch Screen
- Internet Connection, Registration, Software Updates
- Diagnostics Trouble Codes: Reading Fault Codes, Clearing Fault Codes, Freeze Frame
- Data Lists, Quick List, Data Graphing, Vehicle Specifications
- Vehicle Calibrations
- Setup and Configuration, Touchscreen Calibration, Setting the Date/Time Stamp
- Repair>Connect for PRO-LINK Ultra
- Data Recording and Playback
- Vehicle Reports
PRO-LINK Ultra provides maintenance functions that allow technicians to read and clear fault codes, monitor vehicle and driver performance with trip data, create health reports and view live system data. It also has repair functions such as live data graphing for finding tough problems, special tests to verify component failures, and the ability to program replacement components and perform custom ECU programming.
Each module is hosted by Jim Moritz, national field trainer, who has over 30 years of experience in automotive diagnostics, engineering, marketing, training and technical support.
All of the modules are free and can be revisited as often as necessary.