VISION Now Accepting Scholarship, Award Applications
Nov. 9, 2016—Applications for awards and scholarships for VISION are now available.
To download any of the applications, click here.
The following applications for awards are being offered:
- Service Facility of the Year: This award spotlights a single shop's efforts to promote professionalism in the automotive service industry, and judges review the business's practices, industry and association participation, community involvement and physical appearance of the facility and team. In addition, nominees must have a measurable customer satisfaction index (CSI) method, such as AAA, NAPA or CARQUEST, and must maintain a minimum average score of 95. This award is open to any shop attending VISION 2017. Deadline: January 13, 2017
- Humanitarian Award: The VISION Humanitarian Award recognizes outstanding contributions and making a difference in their community. The recipient of this award is recognized at the VISION Celebration of Independents Awards dinner on Saturday evening. Deadline: January 13, 2017
- Best Website: An independent panel of judges reviews websites on the following criteria: content, structure and navigation, visual design, functionality, interactivity and overall visitor experience. The award is open to collision repair and mechanical service facilities; nominees must have at least one employee attending VISION 2017. Deadline: January 13, 2017
- Green Star Service Facility Award: The Green Star Service Facility designation is awarded to environmentally friendly repair shops that promote sound and safe recycling and disposal of shop waste products such as tires, fluids, batteries and refrigerants. The awards committee also reviews training practices, pollution prevention programs and the use of environmentally friendly products and services. New shops meeting the criteria will be recognized at the Awards Dinner at VISION 2017. Prior recipients do not need to reapply for this designation. Deadline: January 13, 2017
Vision is now accepting applications for the following scholarships:
- The Robert L. O’Conner Memorial Scholarship: The Robert L. O'Connor Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually for a recipient to attend management training at the VISION HiTech Training & Expo. Scholarship includes gratis conference registration and hotel accommodations for up to two nights. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a desire to attend management training and exhibit a financial need to attend VISION. One need not be a member of ASA to apply for this scholarship. Deadline: January 13, 2017
- VISION Technical Scholarship:The VISION Technical Scholarship is awarded annually for a recipient to attend technical training at the 2017 VISION HiTech Training & Expo. Scholarship includes gratis conference registration and hotel accommodations for up to two nights. One need not be a member of ASA to apply for this scholarship. Deadline: January 13, 2017