Openbay Introduces New Mobile App
June 6, 2017—Openbay announced the release of Openbay ASP, a new Android mobile app for automotive service professionals.
Openbay is an online marketplace for auto repair and partnered with State Farm back in March. Vehicle owners go online via Openbay and choose or describe the service their vehicles need. Then, local repair shops in the Openbay network will review the service request and respond with quotes to complete the work. Users can compare quotes and select a service provider based on proximity, customer reviews and price. Quotes include parts, labor and taxes. Then, users then schedule an appointment via Openbay.
Openbay ASP allows automotive service professionals to:
- Receive real-time notifications from online consumers in need of repair and service and consumers with connected cars;
- Receive detailed information on service request, type of vehicle / VIN, list of requested services or problem, diagnostic information, and notes from consumer;
- Respond with near real-time service quotations;
- Manage service appointments;
- Improve communication and trust by exchanging photos and videos during service;
- Answer questions about service via private communication; text, email;
- Provide consumers with real-time updates on their vehicle during service;
- Notify consumer when service is complete and vehicle is ready for pickup;
- Process consumer service payments on a mobile device;
- Access to the Openbay marketplace to increase opportunity to grow revenue.
“In order for auto care businesses to keep up with this transformative change in consumer behavior and better position themselves for growth in local markets, they need to team with technology partners with domain experience to meet the demands and expectations of the mllennial,” said Rob Infantino, CEO and founder of Openbay.