Big Ass Fans Creates Portable Work Light
Oct. 24, 2017—Big Ass Light, announced the release of the Big Ass Light Bar, a battery-powered LED work light.
Big Ass Light Bar’s features include:
- Six distinct brightness settings, from 80 lumens to 5,000 lumens.
- A 270-degree light angle, which allows Big Ass Light Bar to light entire rooms.
- A high-capacity rechargeable battery that provides 1.5 hours of illumination at the brightest setting and 48 hours at the dimmest.
- A durable body made from extruded aluminum, as well as high-quality polymers, resins and rubberized components that make it resistant to impact.
- An IP67 rating, which means Big Ass Light Bar is completely sealed against dust, dirt and liquid. It can be submerged in up to 3 feet (1 meter) of water for 30 minutes. It can also be sprayed off with a hose or cleaning chemicals when it gets dirty.
- A distinct octagonal shape that prevents Big Ass Light Bar from rolling away when set down or dropped.
The Big Ass Light Bar was envisioned by Keith McKay, a Big Ass Light employee who previously worked as a technician prior to joining the company.
“Typical flashlights and LED wands are cheaply made, break easily and aren’t bright enough for detailed work, and plug-in work lights create tripping hazards,” McKay said.
McKay and the Big Ass Light team used the crowdfunding site Indiegogo to gauge interest and solicit feedback from a broad audience.The light went into production after raising 400 percent of its funding goal.