APA Announce 2018 Board of Directors
March 16, 2018—Automotive Parts Associates (APA) elected the 2018 board of directors at the 37th Annual Shareholders’ and Manufacturers’ Conference March 7-9, 2018 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort conference center in Orlando, Florida.
After a private shareholder vote on Thursday, results were announced by the chairman of the board, Douglas Squires of Bestbuy Distributors Ltd.
The results for the 2018 Automotive Parts Associates Board of Directors is as follows:
- Chairman – Douglas Squires, Bestbuy Distributors Ltd., of Mississagua, Ontario Canada
- Vice Chairman – Jim Holmquist, H&H Wholesale Parts of Arleta, California
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ben Yelowitz, POJA Warehouse of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Board Member – Rob Jacobs, Automotive Warehouse Company of Wichita, Kansas
- Board Member – Joseph Koudsi, International Metric Specialists of North Hollywood, California
- Board Member – Randall Swedlove, Morris Automotive Supply of Fontana, California
- Board Member – Edward Harake, Value Plus Auto Parts Wholesale of Westland, Michigan
The annual meeting provides an opportunity for shareholders of the nonprofit member-owned cooperative to network with each other as well as supplier partners to learn about new products, initiatives and resources that are available to help grow and streamline their businesses.
The powerful message, “Allies for Success” resonated as a reminder of solidarity to all shareholders and suppliers that the organization’s strength and prosperity lies in the unity created by beneficial partnerships forged between member and manufacturer companies.
Previous board secretary Jim Holmquist, and newly elected vice chairman of Automotive Parts Associates was pleased with the outcome of the election and productivity between shareholders and suppliers at the annual meeting overall.
“I am honored to be the new vice chairman of APA and pleased to continue working with the awesome staff at headquarters. We have great momentum coming out of the recent national meeting and I look forward to bringing more benefits and opportunities to our members,” Holmquist said.