8 Key Steps When Setting Goals for Your Shop
The most successful organizations utilize true win-win situations to be sustainable, Ryan Clo, owner of Cincinnati, Ohio-based Dubwerx Inc. says. As a shop owner, this requires setting clear goals for both you and your staff to be successful.
In Clo’s WORLDPAC class, “How to Create the Right Results Every Time,” he touched upon a number of topics shop owners need to consider to have effective systems and processes, including consistency and continuous improvement, but the base of his presentation was effective goal setting.
Clo listed eight main points a business owner should follow when developing goals:
- Be written: Put your goal down on paper.
- Be clearly stated and definitive: Clearly define your goal.
- Include a timeframe: When will you have it accomplished?
- Be visual and shared: Keep your goals in front of you at all times.
- Be measured and monitored: Make sure you measure your progress.
- Be a stretch: Reach to get what you want.
- Be flexible (not set in stone): Adapt to things, people and focuses changing.
- Be owned: If you don’t own it, you won’t stay strong during difficult times.