OTC Introduces New Transmission Tools
June 6, 2018—OTC has added five new transmission tools to its product line in North America. The new tools help technicians increase efficiencies when working on transmission jobs and are compatible with a wide variety of vehicles.
The new transmission tools include:
- 6759 Flywheel Holding Tool: The new flywheel holding tool keeps the flywheel in place for servicing the balancer or flywheel bolts. The tool mounts in place of the starter and then engages the flywheel ring gear teeth. The tool is similar to the EN-50792. Applications include 2013-14 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2013-14 Chevrolet Malibu, 2014 Chevrolet Impala and 2014 Buick Regal 2.0L, 2.5L engines.
- 6716 Shift Rail Seal Installer: The shift rail seal installer inserts the shift seal on the Tremec TR 3160 manual transmission to the proper depth to ensure optimal seal life. The installer includes a removable pilot, allowing for use on-vehicle in addition to during unit repair, with the shift shaft in place or removed. The tool is similar to the DT-51077. Works on 2013 and later Cadillac ATS manual transmission, 2016 and later Chevrolet Camaro and 2016 and later Ford Mustang Shelby GT350.
- 6715 Torque Converter Seal Installer: This tool installs torque converter seals without damage. The tool is similar to the J-28540-A. The torque converter seal installer is applicable on 1990-2011 GM 4T6O and 4T60E automatic transmissions found on most GM front wheel drive automatic transmission vehicles from 1990 – 2011 including Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac and Oldsmobile.
- 6702 Transmission Adapter Plate Bushing Replacer: This tool is used to replace the mount bushing on the transmission adapter plate. The adapter has a window for verifying the bushing position during installation and is also deep enough for bushing removal. The tool is similar to the DT-50839 and CH-50342. It is applicable on 2013 and later Chevrolet Trax and Buick Encore.
- 1870 Universal Transmission Adapter: The universal transmission adapter has independently adjustable and indexing arms that can adapt to nearly any transmission shape. The transmission adapter will fit most high-lift transmission jacks and has a maximum capacity of 400 lbs. The adapter meets or exceeds the current ASME PASE standards for portable automotive service equipment.
The new transmission tools are now available through OTC’s distribution partners. For more information on OTC transmission adapters, visit www.OTCTools.com.