Ingersoll Rand Introduces Impact Wrench
Nov. 15, 2018—Ingersoll Rand introduced their newest IQV20 Series W7152 1/2” Impact Wrench. The compact brushless motor transfers energy, delivering torque for repair and maintenance applications including work on transmissions, suspensions, sub-frame bolts, transmission pans, struts and more.
The impact wrench delivers 1,500 foot-pounds of torque and 1,000 foot-pounds of max reverse torque. The W7152 is a compact 8.1" long from tip to tail and has a 360-degree shadowless task light to provide exceptional access and increased visibility in hard-to-reach spaces.
Intuitive Power and Control Settings
The W7152 has four power and control settings:
- Max Power: The max power setting delivers up to 1,000 foot-pounds of max torque, so technicians do not have to switch tools when tightening bolts on engine transmissions, control arms or brake calipers.
- Half Power: The half power setting tightens fasteners at up to 530 foot-pounds of torque for applications that don’t require maximum torque speeds. Common applications include fastening suspension or spring bolts and exhaust work.
- Wrench Tight: Instead of changing to a hand wrench, technicians can use the wrench tight setting to pre-tighten bolts at 35-110 foot-pounds of torque. In this setting, the tool automatically shuts off, so bolts are not over-torqued on parts such as lug nuts and suspension bolts.
- Hand Tight: The hand tight setting turns slowly, creating a snug fit to start a lug bolt to hold a wheel in place. The hand tight mode also secures parts such as hubcap cover bolts, splash shields, oil pans or timing covers. When the tool reaches the point of impact, it also shuts off to avoid over-torqued fasteners.
Other advantages of the W7152 1/2” Impact Wrench include:
- Chemical-resistant composite housing and a patented steel-reinforced frame to withstand the harshest working conditions.
- A steel reinforced frame and an optimized internal mechanism to provide technicians with the power they need without adding extra weight to the tool.
- A 20-volt battery compatible with the Ingersoll Rand IQV20 Series battery system.
- The shadowless, LED task light has four settings for high-, medium- and low-light environments as well as an off mode.