Automotive Service & Repair
SHOP: Automotive Service & Repair LOCATION: Rock Hill, South Carolina OWNER: Wayne Young
1) Young picked Rotary Lift for two reasons: They are American made, and because of that, the parts to repair them are easily accessible.
2) On each of the Rotary lifts, Young had an electrical contractor install four gang outlets, making it easier to plug in additional tools without having to run cords through the shop and around vehicles
3) Tools and equipment are kept in a central aisle running through the shop’s bays. With everything close by and organized, Young says this helps techs easily find what they need without having to walk to a storage area or to another tech’s bay.
4) A window connecting the lobby and shop floor allows customers to look into the service bay as their cars are worked on. Young says this helps instill trust.
5) The No. 18 panel is from a Pontiac driven by racing legend Dale Jarrett in a NASCAR event. The signed decoration was bought at a charity auction and adds some flare to the shop.
6) The yellow lines act as a guide for customers entering the shop, helping them understand where it is safe to walk and stand when retrieving personal items from cars or seeing repairs in action.
7) Hoses are needed at the front of vehicles, so routing the airlines along walls wastes a great length of hose and creates problems with other equipment. That’s why Young chose to hang hoses from above.