Michigan Auto Repair Businesses Shut Down
April 1, 2019—The Michigan Secretary of State has in effect shut down four Macomb County and four Wayne County auto-related businesses for alleged violations of various regulations, reported Macomb Daily.
The Michigan Department of State under SOS Jocelyn Benson issued temporary cease and desist orders to:
- Star Motor Auto Repair, owned by Jack Musa, for performing brake, electrical system and tune-up repairs without a certified mechanic.
- MC Auto Repair, owned by Michael Castro, for operating without certified mechanics
The agency also suspended the registrations of the following businesses:
- VAN Car Co., owned by Nadhem Shaiya, was suspended March 15. The dealership no longer is operating at its registered address and failed to notify the department’s business compliance and regulation division of a change of address.
- Witko Group Inc., owned by Don Witkowski, was suspended March 18. A regulation agent attempted to conduct a lot and records inspection Feb. 6 and again Feb. 7, but the dealership was closed with no sign or hours posted.
- Auto Palace Inc., owned by Nader Naamou, was suspended Thursday after a regulation agent attempted a lot and records inspection Wednesday and discovered an empty facility.
- Mogul Trading, owned by Milton Small, was suspended March 8.The dealership wasn’t open during posted business hours and couldn’t be inspected.
- Superior Plus Auto Sales Inc.,owned by Ghada Chokr, was suspended March 8. A regulation agent attempted a lot and records inspection Jan. 16 and again Jan. 28. The dealership wasn’t open during posted business hours and couldn’t be inspected.
- A & A Auto Group, owned by Adone Mohamad Tlays, was suspended March 12. A regulation agent attempted a lot and records inspection Jan. 16 and Jan. 28 and found the dealership not open for business each time.