TIA Announces New Board Members
Sept. 13, 2013—The Tire Association (TIA) recently announced its newly elected board of directors for 2013–14.
The new members are as follows:
• Anthony Blackman of Atlantic Tire & Service, Cary, N.C.
• Ernie Caramanico of Amityville Firestone, Amityville, N.Y.
• Lyssa Da Costa of Hercules Tire International, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
• Joseph Henmueller of Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association (AMRA)/Motorist Assistant Program (MAP), Arlington Heights, Ill.
• Brian Rigney, Dill Air Controls, Oxford, N.C.
• Tom Wright, Wright Tire Service, Anoka, Minn.
All members commit to a three-year term. Caramanico, Da Costa and Wright have served on the board previously.
Additionally, Jon Schadl of K&M Tire in Delphos, Ohio, was placed into the two-year vacancy that was created by the election of Glen Nicholson, TBC Retail Group, to the position of secretary. Bob Bignell, executive director of the Ontario Tire Dealers Association, will be the new state/provincial representative on the board.
"We were fortunate to have had a tremendous number of qualified candidates vying for the board positions again this year. We are appreciative of all the candidates who have a desire to serve the industry,” said Roy Littlefield, TIA executive vice president.