Autotrader Names 12 Best Electric Vehicles for 2019
September 16, 2019—Autotrader recently scored currently available new EVs, ultimately naming the 12 Best Electric Vehicles for 2019.
"There are a lot of very good electric vehicles available at a wide variety of price points today, and the technology for EVs continues to grow and evolve," said Brian Moody, executive editor for Autotrader. "EV shoppers should remember that despite an often-higher initial purchase price when compared to gasoline-powered cars of the same size, for the most part, EVs are more rewarding to drive and require less maintenance than a traditional automobile."
Beyond the plug-in qualifier and 2019 on-sale date, Autotrader editors considered some objective factors including maximum range, electric-only range (for PHEVs) and price. Other factors, such as drivability and value, were a bit more subjective in nature. Categories were scored on a 1-to-5 scale, with 5 being the high score. Vehicles were not ranked in this list because the group of considered vehicles is so diverse, consisting of PHEVs and EVs, luxury and non-luxury, as well as cars and CUVs. Every pick earned a combined average score of at least 3.8 out of a possible 5.
12 Best Electric Vehicles 2019:
- 2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premier (EV)
- 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited (PHEV)
- 2019 Honda Clarity (PHEV)
- 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric SEL
- 2019 Jaguar iPace HSE (EV)
- 2019 Kia Niro EV EX
- 2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring (PHEV)
- 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV SEL
- 2019 Nissan Leaf S Plus
- 2019 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo (PHEV)
- 2019 Tesla Model 3 Single Motor (EV)
- 2020 Volvo XC60 T8 Momentum (PHEV)