Sept. 14, 2017—Rotary introduces a broad line of professional tire changers to meet any automotive repair shop’s needs. The line includes leverless, tiltback and swing-arm models, all offering cutting-edge technology and the rugged durability professionals have come to expect from Rotary.
Rotary offers five different tire changers to provide the best functionality for every budget.
- R1150 Leverless: Using patented technology, the R1150 is a high-performance, true leverless tire changer that offers a safe and efficient way to change a wide variety of tires and wheels. Featuring the patented Auto-Touch™ Function, the risk of marring a wheel or damaging a bead is non-existent because all contact with the tire and wheel is made on durable, non-abrasive components. The R1150 can handle the most challenging tire and wheel combinations and is great on low-profile and run-flat tires, as well asexotic rims and other specialty jobs. The R1150 can handle a rim capacity range of 10 to 30 inches and a maximum tire width of 15 inches. View video here.
- R145 Tiltback: A top-of-the-range model with a double-acting bead breaker cylinder, the R145Tiltback is designed to work on low-profile and large-sized steel or alloy rims. Featuring an extra-wide heavy-duty frame, the pneumatically tilting column ensures peak rigidity to prevent rim damage. The R145 has a rim clamping capacity range of 10 to 28 ½ inches and a maximum tire width of 17 inches. View video here.
- R145D Tiltback VSC: Featuring an innovative electric motor inverter, the R145D is an automatic tire changerthat provides the ability to regulate the table top rotation speed, reducing the stress on the bead to avoid damaging the tire. Designed for large and wide tires, the R145D is equipped with the Fast Inflation (FI) configuration for tubeless tires.
- R146 Swingarm Pro: Designed for the high-volume tire center, the R146 high-performance modelprovides the torque necessary for today’s difficult assemblies. The large and reinforced frame adds greater rigidity to the structure and table top, and the gear box is installed between two steel plates to avoid flex during operation. The extra height of the vertical post and tool shaft allow operation on wheels with a maximum width of 15 inches and a rim clamping capacity range of 10 to 28 ½ inches.
- R1401 Swingarm Shop: Offering top quality at an entry-level price, this heavy-duty swing arm structure guarantees proper working conditions for every job. The exclusive 110v single-speed motor provides needed torque and the rigid self-centering chuck with a wide clamping range handles a variety of needs. The R1401 is equipped with a galvanized, double-operating bead breaker cylinder and is suitable for tires with a maximum width of 12 inches.
“Rotary didn’t invent the tire, but we certainly know how to service it,” says Rob Dabrowski, vice president of wheel service equipment for Rotary parent company Vehicle Service Group (VSG). “With a tire changer to suit every budget and volume of business, Rotary continues to offer the technology, productivity and safety features shops need and expect from us.”
Learn more about choosing the right tire changer for your shop with Rotary’s exclusive Tire Changer Buyers Guide available for free download.