Sept. 6, 2017—According to a new infographic from One Productions, it will grow the live video industry to $70.05 billion by 2021.
The infographic shows small business owners the significant role live video plays in today’s digital environment, wrote Small Business Trends. It provides valuable tips on the different types of content businesses should include in live videos. The amount of digital media American adults consume now totals five hours and 50 minutes per day, with video making up around 56 minutes of that, eMarketer reports. The popularity of video is growing, and live streaming is making up a large percentage of that growth.
The infographic points out 81 percent of internet viewers watched more live content in 2016 than they did in 2015. And 80 percent prefer live videos over blogs, while 82 percent prefer it over social posts. The growth is primarily being driven by faster internet, smartphones and social media.
Hopkins recommends small businesses adopt a live video strategy to fully exploit the technology. He recommends:
- Post a teaser so your audience knows when you will live stream.
- Create a rough script so you won’t go off topic.
- Keep your content fresh by not being too “salesy.”
- Remember your brand by being consistent in your message on all live content.
- Sell a feeling, meaning you should create emotionally driven content.
For more information on the benefits of using live video to promote your small business, check out the infographic below.