June 15, 2017—The Auto Care Association (ACA) has released its online publications, the Digital Auto Care Factbook 2018 and the Digital Auto Care Factbook & Lang Annual 2018.
In this 27th edition, readers will find:
- An updated summary of “Key Economic Indicators 2013-2017” by Northwood University;
- An extended Industry Forecast through 2020 by IHS Markit;
- An updated Program and Retail Distribution Summary by Babcox Media;
- An updated “Global Automotive Aftermarket Review” by Jefferies;
- Profiles for DIY-DIFM Consumers, and updated Replacement Rates by IMR;
- Insights into Delayed Maintenance, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC Telematics) by IMR;
- Updated U.S. New and Total Vehicle Registrations by IHS Markit;
- An updated Hybrid Vehicles Summary by IHS Markit;
- Updated “U. S. and Global Aftermarket Dynamics” by Northwood University;
- Updated Global Registration summary by IHS Markit;
- An update on the Canadian Automotive Aftermarket recap by DesRosiers; and
- Overview of two new reports on Mexico and China.
“The auto care industry is going through rapid transformation on multiple fronts,” said Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, ACA. “From the change in parts demand due to an aging vehicle population and new vehicle technology, to changes in distribution though industry consolidation and e-commerce, the trends in the industry are forming and changing at a dizzying pace. The Auto Care Association has conducted months of research to deliver our members the most pertinent data they can use to make key business decisions, for the 27th year in a row.”
The online format allows readers to turn pages with the click of the mouse, locate data with the comprehensive “word search” feature and print a copy of the entire publication.
The Digital Auto Care Factbook contains:
- Key economic indicators.
- Channel Forecast Model.
- Financial profiles, acquisition and merger activities.
- DIY consumer and vehicle demographics.
- Replacement rates for motor vehicle parts and jobs.
- Information on key auto care segments.
- U.S. motor vehicle registrations, operating costs and miles traveled.
- State summary statistics.
- Global economic and automotive data including vehicle registrations by country.
- U.S. trade data for selected motor vehicle products and top ranked import – export countries.
- Information on the Canadian, Mexican and Chinese auto care industries.
The Lang Annual section contains:
- Sales volume analysis of 80 key products.
- Service market product volume by major type of service outlet.
- DIY product volume by major type of retail outlet.
- Number of jobbers in the U.S. and by geographic area.
- Distribution analysis by five major channels.
- Changes in vehicle mix.
- Bay population by major service outlet groups.
- Analysis of growth by major auto care segment:
- Service market.
- DIY market.
- Domestic vehicle market.
- Foreign vehicle market.
- Distribution channels.
- Vehicle type.
- Forecasts of key auto care trends, including:
- Domestic and foreign share of light vehicles.
- Average age of foreign and domestic light vehicles.
ACA members this week received a complimentary copy of the Digital Auto Care Factbook 2018 as a member benefit, along with three guest passes. While members can purchase additional copies at $450, the non-member price is $1,750. The Digital Auto Care Factbook & Lang Annual 2018 is also available for $895 to Auto Care Association members and $2,695 for non-members.
To order any of these digital publications, visit the ACA website or contact member services at 301-654-6664.