Aug. 2, 2017—Of the more than 895,300 automotive technicians working in the United States, 17 outstanding individuals have qualified for the prestigious 2017 World Class Technician Award.
The Auto Care Association (ACA) and National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) work together to recognize these professional technicians who have tested and obtained ASE certification in 22 specialty areas during the 2016 test administrated by ASE.
The 2017 World Class Technicians are:
- Dale Banfi, Downers Grove, Ill.
- James Bennett, Jr., Norfolk, Va.
- Justin Buckler, Mechanicsville, Md.
- Karl Chabowski, Rolling Meadows, Ill.
- Joe Gould, Hastings, Fla.
- Kenneth Grabowski, Rolling Meadows, Ill.
- Kelley Hatlee, Gillespie, Ill.
- Matt Krull, Lester Prairie, Minn.
- Andrew Lewis, Island Lake, Ill.
- James Mcleod Sr., Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
- Dwayne Myers, Woodsboro, Md.
- Gary Sapp, Pensacola, Fla.
- John Steinacker, Lamy, N.M.
- Tony Tasillo, Moffat, Ontario, Canada
- Lewis Vicinus Jr., Millville, N.J.
- John Villa, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Ernest Worner, Plantersville, Texas
“Recipients of the World Class Technician Award are truly the best of the best and the Auto Care Association is proud to recognize these professionals with ASE,” said Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, ACA. “Passing 22 ASE tests is a monumental achievement requiring exceptional knowledge and skills.”
“This recognition partnership between the Auto Care Association and ASE represents one of the most significant achievement awards available to our ASE-certified professionals,” said Tim Zilke, president and CEO, ASE. “ASE is grateful for the support the Auto Care Association provides to our service professionals in recognizing these outstanding individuals each year and we celebrate more than a quarter century of this commitment to excellence with the Auto Care Association.”
Since the World Class Technician recognition was established more than 30 years ago, only 1,931 technicians have been honored. Recipients receive a special certificate signed by the presidents of ASE and the Auto Care Association and an embroidered shoulder insignia.