September 4, 2018—U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co. plans to drop production of some of its automobile models as part of a planned operational restructuring announced earlier this year, sources told The Times, according to Reuters.
The British newspaper reported that Ford planned to end production of Mondeo, Galaxy and S-Max models and focus on more lucrative sport utility vehicles. Ford also plans to cut its number of dealerships, according to the report.
In July, Ford’s chief executive officer, Jim Hackett, said the company planned to spend around $11 billion on a restructuring of its European business, according to Reuters.