August 20, 2018— Women in Auto Care, a community of the Auto Care Association, announced it reached a milestone in scholarship funding and tool sets for women in the auto care industry.
The group’s scholarship funding began with $2,000 back in 2004 and has now expanded to $100,000 for 2018. Since 2004, Women in Auto Care has given $357,500 in scholarships.
This year, the $100,000 is comprised of $75,000 in scholarship funds and $25,000 in tool sets. Women in Auto Care selected 30 women as the recipients of this year’s scholarships, including:
- Christina Schneider – San Jacinto, Calif.
- Brenda Sims – Anchorage, Alaska
- Heather Ripley – Freeport, Ill.
- Lichinha Barbosa – Corpus Christi, Texas
- Mary Griswold – Eau Claire, Wis.
- Natcin Velazco Gonzalez – Ogden, Utah
- Torry Tegio – Reno, Nev.
- Callie Stead – Lima, Ohio
- Camilyn Petrides – East Greenwich, R.I.
- Danica Cissell – Paris, Tenn.
- Li Mei Lin – Ithaca, N.Y.
- Madison Lusche – Milford, Neb.
- Angela Lee – Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Antonina Alvarez – Tempe, Ariz.
- Cassie Larrieu – Sparks, Nev.
- Chelsea Dodge – Greeley, Colo.
- Gloria Reyes – Alexandria, Va.
- Katherine Dooley – Midland, Mich.
- Madison Sira – Philadelphia, Pa.
- Taylor Bostick – Stillwater, Okla.
- Emily Koch – Warren, Mich.
- Clara Duff – Buna, Texas
- Sierra Echavarria – Houston, Texas
- Sarah Creach – Newton, Kan.
- Hailey Ems – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Abagayle Boden – Loveland, Colo.
- Gabrialla Pina – Richmond, Texas
- Bascilia Padilla – Hobbs, N.M.
- Olivia Stocker – Poulsbo, Wash.
The top 2018 scholarship recipient, Christina Schneider, was selected to receive the top scholarship of $10,000. In her application, Schneider shared a personal story of how she managed to take a difficult situation in her life and turn it around for the better through a career in the automotive industry. Schneider will be flown out to Las Vegas this fall to be honored at the Women in Auto Care reception during the annual Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) show.