NACE/CARS Releases Telematics Forum Details
July 17, 2014—The Automotive Service Association (ASA) announced Thursday details about the Auto Alliance Innovation Technology & Telematics Forum, which will be held Aug. 1 in Detroit, during the 2014 NACE/CARS Expo & Conference.
The Forum, held at the COBO Center starting at 8 a.m., will begin with a discussion titled “Where is Vehicle Technology Headed and What Does It Mean for Sustainable Transportation, Vehicle Owners, and the Modern Repair Shop?”
OnStar COO Terry Inch will deliver the keynote address during a luncheon after the panel discussion.
The panel discussion will ask questions like:
- What is “connected car” technology and what are the possibilities?
- What does the evolution of this technology mean for professional repair technicians?
- What are some of the challenges facing the industry?
- What are the implications of future technologies such as automated vehicles, V-to-V, V-to-I, etc.?
- How are third-parties providing services?
- What role should governments play?
The panel will feature auto industry leaders including:
- Frank Weith, general manager of Connected Car Services at Volkswagen Group of America
- Steve Coker, head of Uconnect Operations at Chrysler Group
- Alan Prescott, attorney at Ford Motor Co.
- Bob Stewart, general manager of Customer Care & Aftersales at ACDelco/General Motors
- Eric Berkobin, vice president of Engineering at Verizon Telematics
- Jules Polonetsky, executive director for Future of Privacy Forum
- Roger Saul, director of the Vehicle Research & Test Center at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Attendees will be able to ask panel participants questions after the discussion.