Infographic: What are Auto Repair Shops Investing In?
June 27, 2018—IMR Inc. asked auto repair shops what investments they were making in their shops, and reported the results via infographic (see below).
The majority of those shops are making investments in their business to improve or maintain their competitiveness, especially larger shops and older technicians.
Highlights from the report include:
- 88 percent are making investments to remain competitive
- Shops with 8+ bays (92%) are much more likely to invest than shops with three or less bays (81%)
- Shop owners under the age of 45 (88%) are much more likely to invest than those over 66 (79%)
- Shops are mostly investing in tools and diagnostic equipment
- Younger shop owners are much less likely to invest in shop management systems than older shop owners