March 29, 2018—The Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG), a community of the Auto Care Association (ACA), has announced the winners of the 2018 Auto Care Association Next Step Program scholarship.
Ten young industry professionals were selected to attend the ACA Spring Leadership Days event to gain experience and knowledge of the auto care industry. Scholarship recipients will receive up to $1,100 to offset most expenses for travel and accommodations to, from and during the event. The annual event brings together top auto care industry leaders and will take place May 9-11, 2018 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, Ga.
The 2018 Next Step Program Scholarship recipients are:
- Ryan Bachman, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, Inc.
- Brian Burkett, Auto-Wares Group of Companies
- Jessica Carrino, Sparks Tire & Auto
- Juan Coronado, Frontera Radiators & Parts Inc.
- Kasandra Dore, Global Parts Distributors
- Gideon Norris, NA Williams
- Samantha Palmer, Genuine Parts Company
- Daniel Romero, Continental ContiTech
- Mark Stanley, AutoZone, Inc.
- Nick Viveiros, Brake Parts Inc.
The Next Step program enables young auto care industry professionals the chance to experience how the ACA and various aspects of the industry work by attending volunteer community and committee meeting throughout the entirety of the ACA Spring Leadership Days. Scholarships are provided through the support of YANG and the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA).
“These young professionals are the next generation of leaders in our industry, and it is important for them to get a hands-on opportunity to experience the process of developing the strategy and direction of the auto care industry by rubbing elbows with today’s industry leaders,” said Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, ACA “Participants in The Next Step Program gain valuable insight and industry connections and many decide to become volunteers and active members in the industry.”