Federal-Mogul Releases New Oil Seal
Dec. 5, 2013—A new one-piece front axle shaft seal for Ford Super Duty 4x4 trucks has been released by Federal-Mogul’s National Oil Seals brand, the company announced Thursday.
The new seal is designed to allow for quick and easy installation, according to the Federal-Mogul release.
“Our innovative new unitized National seal is ready to install right out of the box without tools and eliminates the misalignment concerns commonly associated with conventional oil seals for these applications,” said Raymond King, director of business development and sealing for Federal-Mogul’s vehicle components segment.
The new National seal—engineered for Ford F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 4x4 trucks equipped with Spicer 50 or 60 Monobeam front axles—features a one-piece design that helps provide proper axial alignment during installation. The new design does not require a snap-ring and can be installed by hand.
The new, patent-pending unitized seal is available right now through National Oil Seals distributors and jobbers.
Key features of the seal include:
- Advanced labyrinth path for superior exclusion of potentially damaging contaminants.
- Internal thrust pad ensures proper axial alignment following installation.
- Annular ribs on seal O.D. provide superior retention within bore.
- Shur-Lock I.D. ribs secure seal against the shaft under all operating conditions.
- Shipped complete with O-ring for a complete installation.