Superior Service Center
SHOP: Superior Service Center LOCATION: Eagan, Minn. OWNER: Dan Sjolseth
1) This is the shop’s dedicated diagnostics area. Technicians have access to GM Tech2 and Bosch Diagnostics Mastertech VCI software, which together account for most import and domestic vehicles.
2) The shop walls have been painted twice in the last five years to maintain a like-new image.
3) The shop has two additional bays behind this wall—for a total of seven—along with tire-changing equipment, tire inventory and a brake lathe.
4) The yellow tape designates a path for shop visitors, so they don’t wander into workspaces. Insurance representatives frequently use the path on their way to the adjoining body shop.
5) Heads for the alignment rack are mounted on the wall, right next to where they install on the machine. Much of the shop’s equipment is wall-mounted in the most appropriate, convenient place possible to improve efficiency.
6) All of the hoses for air, oil, and other fluids are suspended from ceiling-mounted reels to keep the shop floor clean and clear of hazards.
7) Sjolseth is committed to making his shop as efficient and productive as possible, which means organization and cleanliness are paramount. The shop floor is cleaned two or three times a day.